Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hue Play Sync

Further to my post about hue play sync box not working, I contacted Virgin and asked to be put back on Hub3 as I'd been unable to return it because of lockdown (turned out to be fortunate!). Helpful assistant did as I asked and since setting up hub3 again, all devices including sync box have been absolutely fine. Either I had a faulty Hub4 or it's incompatible with the sync box. Virgin, if it is a compatibility issue, please sort it out!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hue Play Sync

@GloriaP wrote:

Further to my post about hue play sync box not working, I contacted Virgin and asked to be put back on Hub3 as I'd been unable to return it because of lockdown (turned out to be fortunate!). Helpful assistant did as I asked and since setting up hub3 again, all devices including sync box have been absolutely fine. Either I had a faulty Hub4 or it's incompatible with the sync box. Virgin, if it is a compatibility issue, please sort it out!

They can’t make every device compatible. Especially on a conveyer belt rolled out device. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps not every device can be made compatible but Hue is a major brand. Additionally, there are lots of reports here and elsewhere of smart light incompatibility with Hub 4, so it is an issue and it does need sorting, otherwise Virgin will lose customers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@GloriaP wrote:

Perhaps not every device can be made compatible but Hue is a major brand. Additionally, there are lots of reports here and elsewhere of smart light incompatibility with Hub 4, so it is an issue and it does need sorting, otherwise Virgin will lose customers.

Not really. You can use modem mode and attach your own better router or mesh system that is compatible. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am paying a lot of money per month for Virgin Media. Using the hub in modem mode and adding my own equipment adds to that cost, unfairly in my view. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a router to function adequately with major brand products.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi GloriaP

Thank you for your post. 

I appreciate your frustration with your device not being compatible with the Hub 4 and I am glad to hear we were able to get you set back up on the Hub 3. 

As gary_dexter has advised, we cannot guarantee every device will be compatible with our equipment but we do value your feedback and will ensure it is passed on to the relevant team. 

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos