cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub5

Jehabus
Joining in

Hi there

Ive been attempting to get hold of a Hub5 now for best part of a year from Virgin media.  I have a hub4 at the moment and im on the gig service. 

My problem is that everything in my house is multigig wires ( 2.5 or 10gig ) where the hub4 only has a 1gig port that is limited to 1500 MTU meaning that the max through put ( although the modem gets around 1140mb ) is about 930mb.  This problem would be rectified with the Hub5 as it has a 2.5gig port however I keep getting told its "out of stock" even though numerous friends over the last 2-3 months who have all signed up to VM have been issued a hub5.  This is horrible service to give brand new customers this equiment and then telling customers who have been with out for more than 20 years "sorry its out of stock " 

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
There is a shortage of Hub5's so they are giving them to "new" 1GB customers as a priority over "upgraders".

The reasoning is that you have a fully working 1GB service with the Hub4 so dont need it as the 2.5GB port isnt "essential" for the 1 GB service- your are getting the speeds guaranteed in the T&C's.

One or two threads have been appearing where some Hub4 customers are receiving Hub5's now so the stock situation may be easing and you may get lucky - so keep trying.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

why should new customers get priority over stuff like this though is what I dont understand.  

on the 30th of Decemeber I spoke to them and they promised to send me one only for another hub4 to appear at my door.  the hub4 is a rotten bit of kit.  I prefer to use my own router and have it in modem mode and it still over heats and disconnects... and when you get 1140mb to your modem but its only capable of pushing 930mb at best because of its limitations is a bit rubbish 

1140mb vs 930mb such a first world problem !

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jehabus, 

Thank you for your post and I am sorry to hear you have not got the hub 5, as advised by @jbrennand, these are out of stock currently, I am sure when available we will get this sent out asap.

Zoie