cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub5, Netgear Nighthawk (AX12) RAX120 Router, 1Gig issue

Adam26
Joining in

Hi all 🙂  first time poster! 

I was on the VM250 package and recently increased to the 1gig package for which i was supplied the VM Hub5

Even on the VM250 package i always used my own router and had the hub 3 in modem mode - sorry but just dont think the VM hubs could deliver the stated output.

Netgear Nighthawk (AX12) RAX120 Router

So i need to have my Netgear rax120 deliver the 1gig and my virgin router in modem mode. 

No matter what i have tried thus far i cannot get anywhere near 1gig so now i have both virgin hub5 and Netgear RAX120 outputting their own SSIDs and the max im getting is around 500mbps. 

Any chance somebody could go through all the steps i need to be doing to get the 1gig to work.

I sort of know about putting the Hub 5 into modem mode, but where I think i am faltering is with configuring the netgear, im a complete novice and dont know anything about wan, dhcp, QOS, armor etc.

I will reset both routers before i proceed- clean slate. 

Please can someone help me with step by step info, i and my kiddies will be evr so grateful 🙂

Thank you in advance 

PS: Currently SAM knows and Virgin says im getting 1gig into my router. 

16 REPLIES 16

Try the PC in safe mode. It might be the antivirus.

Also try a new ethernet cable to the Netgear. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Replaced all the cables, all cat 6 or cat 7

Sam Knows shows 1gb coming into house and into the VM Hub. 

Quite clear its something between the VM Hub5 and Netgear RAX120 thats the bottleneck - but just cant pinpoint

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@Adam26 wrote:

Quite clear its something between the VM Hub5 and Netgear RAX120 thats the bottleneck - but just cant pinpoint

Maybe if you test by wire and not wifi you would get a better idea

---------------------------------------------------------------

Adam26
Joining in

still no joy 

chg128
Joining in

it depend your router how fast it is ...... I got the Asus router and with google pixel 7 and I can easy get about 1050-1130 download & 52-53 upload ! dont know when virign media will increase the upload speed to 100 ! 

ZENMASTER
On our wavelength

Hey what asus router did you get?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What speeds do you get when you boot the pc/lappy into safe+networking mode with everything else disconnected.  Lots of 3d party software or dodgy switches can be restricting speeds

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.