cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub4

Grumps70
On our wavelength

Hi

Have been having problems with the connect app not finding the hub4. I have done reboots and hard resets and still does not help with the connect app. I tried connecting direct to the hub using 192.168.0.1 using ethernet and WiFi today and neither worked so did another reboot and was able to connect direct to the hub. I tried a while later but this time it would not access the hub. Not sure what the problem is but all of my devices using WiFi and ethernet seem to be connecting ok with no problems. Does the hub4 have a fault which stops me accessing it direct or with the connect app.

Alan

11 REPLIES 11

Client62
Legend

On replacement of a VM Hub, it takes the VM back office systems a week (can be longer) to catch up with the change to your system, once that occurs the VM Connect app will work again.

If you have having issues connecting to http://192.168.0.1/   the usual problem is an active VPN / Apple Relay / Apple Private Browsing make 100% sure all of these are disabled.

If you are unable to reach the Hub menu at http://192.168.0.1/   the VM Connect app will also not be able to work.

Grumps70
On our wavelength

I think I got the hub4 over a year ago. Will have a look at vpn etc if I knew where to look. If I need to look on the hub that could be a problem without rebooting it again. Until recently I have always been able to access the hub.

Only use android devices plus a couple of windows laptops so do not think Apple would be in the mix.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Client62 is quite right - I noticed after a recent iOS and MacOS upgrade that the Apple VPN (private relay) had switched on... which would stop connection if using Safari on a Mac... is that the case ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi

There are no Apple related devices in use here only android and Windows based devices.

Hi Grumps70 👋 Welcome back to the community! 

Sorry to hear about these issues for you connecting your Hub 4 to the connect app. What actually happens when you are trying to connect? Are you getting an error message or code?

If we can also please make sure that they're able to log in to My Virgin Media first. Deleting the app, restarting the device, and re-installing the app can often help resolve these issues.

I'd also recommend a pinhole reset rather than a reboot on the hub, just to see if this changes things too!

Please let us know how you get on and we can offer further support if needed! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Grumps70
On our wavelength

Hi Molly

When I try to use the connect app all it shows is "Hub not found"

I have deleted and reinstalled the app many times as well as several reboots and pinhole resets but still the same result. I also cannot access the hub via 192.168.0.1 unless I reboot the hub but then I can only access it the once. If I try to access it again even a few hours after I just get a blank page but if I do hub reset I can access it again.

Also I have no problem with my virgin media app.

Alan

Grumps70
On our wavelength

Well, I sent a reply to Molly_T but no response so far so I thought I would reply to myself as I still cannot access my hub4. I have tried everything suggested from various places but not fixed yet. The problem with the connect app also still exists and it looks like this problem has been around since last year after reading through the forum.

Client62
Legend

This problem is getting to be reported every week.

A VM Hub 4 that accepts the Hub password at http://192.168.0.1/ and then proceeds to a blank / white screen is suffering from menu failure. At the same time the VM Connect app may not be able to connect to the Hub 4 or VM Connect app may get stuck in an Optimize Wi-Fi loop.

The only option for the Hub 4 is to press the RESET button for 60 seconds, then leave the Hub powered on to revert to the factory settings  ( original passwords as per the sticker ).  Performed as described this usually restarts the menu.

If the menu problem recurs, consider the Hub 4 as failing and in need of replacement.

Grumps70
On our wavelength

Just done yet another reset (I have done 3 or 4 in the last week) and I cannot access the hub4 menu at all this time just get the white screen. So if you are correct it looks like the hub has developed a fault and needs replacing.

Just need Virgin to pick this up and put the wheels in motion.

I was hoping to get a response back from Molly_T after I sent her a reply but nothing as of yet.

Regards Alan