Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hub4

For past week, When using FaceTime, system goes down after 5/6 minutes. Entirely blank screen on iPad and fails to work for several more minutes. Then happens again repeating the same.

installed a new Hub 4 recently. Never had this FaceTime problem with previous hub. Speed provided by Hub 4 varies dramatically when tested at various times during the day evening.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub4

What results does a wired speed test yield?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have no means of making a wired Test. I am supposed to have M200 Fibre Broadband and using a Speedtest of WiFi get between 40 and 96 for downloads while uploads fluctuate between 12 and 20. I have no tech skills and little understanding of how these thins work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Jimo75 wrote:

I have no means of making a wired Test. I am supposed to have M200 Fibre Broadband and using a Speedtest of WiFi get between 40 and 96 for downloads while uploads fluctuate between 12 and 20. I have no tech skills and little understanding of how these thins work.

Hence the need to do a wired test.

Wireless speeds and connectivity aren’t guaranteed.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Why did you get a Hub4? Did you request it or was it offered?

In any case, if you were happy with the Hub3 then just call in and tell them the Hub4 is not fit for purpose and you want the Hub3 putting back on. Do you still have your old one? If so, its a simple case of reactivating it. If not they will have to send you a replacement hub3 . They will want the Hub4 back of course.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply. The Hub was offered.

From other replies to various posts re Hub 4 it does not appear to be fit for purpose. It would be nice to revert to Hub 3 if I had one. I was using the previous Hub without an issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Guess VM have to give out these hub 4 to get enough people to say its buggy to get it fixed....even if it takes a year(s)....
---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos