Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hub4 won’t factory reset

I’m trying to factory reset my hub 4. Depressing button for 20 secs is not changing settings & I can’t use the VM app coz it thinks I still have a hub3 . How can we fix this? My smart heating isn’t working yet and WINTER IS COMING!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub4 won’t factory reset

Hello

You need to press and hold the reset button for a timed 60 secs do not turn off after reset and wait for light to stabilize before attempting to login, the website instructions will not work, also beware that the Virginmedia connect app will not work with the hub 4, we are waiting for an updated version to be made available.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike. Reset done successfully. I am still struggling to connect my Drayton wiser heating controller to hub 4 via 2.4MHz on channel 6 - I have channel 1 or 11 to try from Drayton recommendations. So I may be back for more advice if that fails. I have a Fluke aircheck to trace signals so should see pretty much all that is visible 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Channel 11 seems to be doing the trick - wiser showing as connected device on hub4. Wiser doesn’t seem to be retaining the connection though - I’ll get on to Drayton. Thanks for your help Mike

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

From Drayton 

<
So we are aware of this issue with Virgin Hub 4's as other customers have had similar issues. Unfortunately, Virgin Hub 4's are not compatible with the Wiser Hub. I cannot give a date on when the issue will be resolved but it is being looked into.

There are a couple of things you can do to go about this issue. One would be returning back to the Virgin Hub 3 as it is compatible. Another would be getting a WiFi extender and connecting your Hub to that. Another way, but this one isn't a long term solution, is using a hotspot with your mobile or any other device to connect to the Hub.
>
for the record Wiser didn’t keep connection to my range extender either. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Or a better overall option is to put the hub into Modem Mode and attach your own better router or mesh system 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

What a strange response from Drayton, as connecting to a wireless network the device doesn't know what it is connecting to, not to put aspersions onto Drayton but it sounds a bit like that are putting off looking into the problem.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos