Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub4 poor performance

Hi, i recently installed the new Hub4 as it was being offered to me and i figured that "they" will probably stop supporting older routers.

its working but the performance is definitely considerably worse than my old router..i watch sport on now tv... and this now regularly has picture problems.

ivme installed the virginmediaconnect app as this is advised but it would appear that this app doesnt support hub4 yet ?...or at least thats what the app is telling me....have trued to connect to it multiple times....the function to 'scan' details never works, doesnt even scan and entering details manually says it cant connect to the device and as ive mentioned if i try to use the "install new hub" option is says that hub4 isnt supported !

can anyone help?....these forums seem to be the only form of customer service now.....currently on hold on the phone...but have a funny feeling that this call will never be answered...

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub4 poor performance

What are wired connections like?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub4 poor performance

Hi,

Thankyou for your response.

The only wired connection i have is my virgin box itself....i didnt notice much difference there, but the wifi performance and connections yo wifi devices was noticeably worse.  Anyway my problem has been ‘solved’ as ive reverted back to my old hub....took several extended phone calls (on hold), and a full afternoon waiting around for it to be ‘fixed’....i guess that’ll teach me !

0 Kudos