Menu
nawilson
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hub4 not showing up on certain devices

Got the Hub4 a few months back. It was alright after a couple of weeks but recently it has had a lot of problems (randomly dropping out, not appearing on wifi lists on devices etc.) My mum's phone does not even show it as an option and my brother's computer, even on Ethernet, doesn't get any internet but is supposedly connected to the router. Everyone else's phones all connect, the TV connects etc. but it's just a select few devices that seem to struggle for no reason. I've had a £10 increase in my price and I honestly think the service has been appalling lately. If Virgin wasn't the only Fibre option in my area I would have left by now.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub4 not showing up on certain devices

Do a 60 second pinhole reset on the hub 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
nawilson
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have already done this multiple times, it's not working.

0 Kudos
nawilson
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just checked the currently connected devices and they are all on the 5GHz band, so I disabled that to see if it would work - it didn't, and I had to factory reset just to get the internet to show up again. I even altered SSIDs for both bands - that didn't work either.

So I think my 2.5GHz is just not working for some reason, so I am assuming my mum's phone and my brother's Wi-Fi adaptor on his computer are only able to connect to 2.5GHz bands. I don't know how to fix this issue...

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Fix what issue?

Your post is a bit all over the place now.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Adduxi
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@nawilson wrote:

Just checked the currently connected devices and they are all on the 5GHz band, so I disabled that to see if it would work - it didn't, and I had to factory reset just to get the internet to show up again. I even altered SSIDs for both bands - that didn't work either.

So I think my 2.5GHz is just not working for some reason, so I am assuming my mum's phone and my brother's Wi-Fi adaptor on his computer are only able to connect to 2.5GHz bands. I don't know how to fix this issue...

If the 2.4 band is missing, I guess the Hub is faulty.  As you already know not all wifi can connect to the 5 band, so your assumption could be right.  If you check your Mums phone you will know for sure.

0 Kudos
nawilson
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yeah it's faulty, so I'm going to have to get it replaced or get a router that actually works. At least you understood what I was saying...

0 Kudos