Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub4 needs rebooted often

Hi.. New hub 4 installed last week first few days were fine but for the past few days it's been disconnecting at least twice daily and needs rebooted to kick back into action. 

Speeds are great but the disconnection issue is a major issue.. It disconnects from both wired  connections and WiFi..

My old hub 3 was fine with 500mbs and didn't have these issues. Any suggestions or fixes?

Thanks 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub4 needs rebooted often

Post the network, upstream and downstream logs from the hubs admin page

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub4 needs rebooted often

What is your contracted speed ?

Can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you should post the link straight away.

Post a 'Live Link' to your BQM on here.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos