cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub4 losing internet connection for some devices

PeteGR
Joining in

Hi. I' had been running with a Hub3 for around a year with zero issues. I recently was given an "upgrade" to a Hub4.

I'm getting issues where some devices lose their connection to the internet (not to the hub). Usually when watching eg sport on NowTV it will just stop. Other devices will still be working fine and connecting to the internet. This happens if the TV is connected via WiFi or ethernet. If it stops while using WiFi I can switch to ethernet to resume the streaming(and vice versa).

This is extremely irritating.

Any ideas or help will be appreciated. I really wish I hadn't sent the Hub3 back

5 REPLIES 5

lotharmat
Community elder
try splitting the 2.4 and 5GHz bands:

You can split the WiFi bands by accessing your hub settings - to do this, you'll need to be connected to your hub and type in 192.168.0.1 into your web browser. You;ll then need to enter your hub's setting password (this can be found on the bottom of the hub).

Once you've access the dashboard, you'll need to go to advanced settings and then wireless - security. From there, you just need to change the SSIDs of both the 2.4ghz and the 5ghz signal to different names, you can just add on 2G and 5G to the end of the current network name.

Hit Save and then it should work!

Bear in mind that you'll have to reconnect all of your devices to the new SSIDs

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/seperating-router-into-2-4ghz-and-5ghz/m-p/432397...

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Why would that help as the issue occurs with both wireless and ethernet connections?

Sorry - I missed the vice versa - I assumed that it was just Wifi that was borking!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

martinianpaul
Superfast

Not much consolation, but I have exactly the same problem. Both wired and wireless connections drop randomly.  I've tried all the fixes, switching off Smart WiFi, adjusted settings, etc none of which have helped. 

There is obviously a fundamental issue with the Hub 4 which needs to be addressed quickly, or, VM need to give us back the Hub 3 we returned. 

Hi @PeteGR thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that your hub 4 is losing connection to some of your devices.  I have located your account.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R