Menu
Muddyfeet
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub4 issues

We’ve had a new hub4 for about a month and our last router has disconnected by virgin forcing us to switch to the new one.  Since it’s been installed we have had such bad connection - video calls don’t always work or we get dropped off and general issues with WiFi dropping and slow connections.

rebooted the hub what feels like a million times.  Cannot get through to a human on the phone when calling virgin media - even get cut off when selecting the option to try and leave them as a provider! Early the main number just stated they were busy and couldn’t even get through to the automated options.  Instant chat function has been disabled and if I try and email when logged into my account it comes up with an error message. 

Did manage to get through to book an engineer the other week but didn’t get a confirmation and no one turned up on the day. 

disgusted at the complete lack of customer service and just want to go back to our previous set up which we rarely had any issues and was thoroughly tested with working from home for most of 2020.

Virgin Media will you resolve? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub4 issues

If you are on the 1GB package you have to have the Hub4 - if you are not - you dont need it.

What was the previous Hub & set up, why did they say they were swapping you and do you still have that Hub?

If so call in and tell them that the Hub4 "is not fit for purpose" and you want the old Hub reactivating. If you dont have it say you want a replacement Hub3

Calling at 08.00 is the best time - try options 1,1,4,4 - its for cancelling - but say you want to cancel because of this issue and I sure they will want to keep you and sort you out

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Muddyfeet
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub4 issues

Thanks for the tip on time of day - finally managed to speak to a human.  They’ve ‘changed some settings’ after over an hour on the call to them so we shall see and arranged for them to call each back.  Hopefully we are on the road to finally getting our appalling internet sorted 🤞

0 Kudos