Menu
Gordon_13
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub4 blind spots

I recent received a new hub 4 and discovered area where I have next to no signal when I search the website all I get is install connect app and it will locate if booster is required. Unfortunately the app does not work for hub4.  I have tried contacting virgin media and keep being told the queue is over an hour.  Can someone advise me how to check the signal and obtain a booster if needed

0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub4 blind spots

• Use a WiFi scanning app (available in the appstore free for Android, or Airport Utility for Apple devices) to see the strength and any adjacent/clashing hubs.
  • Then use a speedtest app to check throughput at different locations
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM now supply “wifi pods” (not “boosters”). These are free to customers on the 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages, and so are worth trying if you have one of those packages.

Otherwise, you will be charged £5/month - and at that level of investment you would soon pay off the cost of buying a "better" solution that will be yours to own and use forever.

If you want to check wifi signal levels you dont need the Connect App you need a WiFi Analser App

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Gordon_13
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you ...I will try the app and see what the readings are and try and the pods to see if it works....

Then the fun is to get a reply from virgin

0 Kudos