Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hub4 and Media Conect app

Since getting my Hub4 I've had a few blips upstairs. It's in exactly the same place as the Hub3. I tried to connect the Virgin Media Connect App to do a thorough check and apparently this Hub isn't supported !!

Any suggestions and anyone from Virgin able to say when you are going to upgrade your App pleaes?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub4 and Media Conect app

Put the hub into modem mode and attach your own router or mesh system. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry. Not sure what that has go to to do with the Virgin App not connecting to Hub 4

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What are you hoping to achieve with the app?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tour of the house to see if there really are any black spots. The app did this well with Hub 3
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@marklovick wrote:
Tour of the house to see if there really are any black spots. The app did this well with Hub 3

You can do that 2 other ways.

1. Wait for people to complain that the Wi-Fi is crap where they are in the home.

2. Go round the house with a Wi-Fi connected device and look at the signal strength on the device.

There are plenty of Wi-Fi Analysers available for download ...

Wi-Fi-Anilyser

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You don’t need an app to check for blackspots.

You can check on any device. 

0 Kudos