Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub4 Upgrade

We get really poor WiFi in our home office from the VM Hub3 and have tried many things to try and sort it - but with home working it's become more of a priority.

I've seen VM have a new Hub4 out - which suggests it has better WiFi capabilities.

My questions are :

1. Are people finding that the Hub4 is any / much better as regards WiFi coverage than the Hub3 ?

2. Are VM likely to offer this for free (I'm in contract and have had no free upgrade offer as yet) ?

3. Am I better off just buying a decent router and sticking the Hub in Wireless mode ?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub4 Upgrade

1. It’s no better. In some cases (mine included) it’s worse

2. Apparently yes

3. Always yes. Regardless of what hub you have 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Gary (welcome back!) is right - but re..

(2) only get one now if you are in an area that would benefit from improved connection
(3) also consider a Mesh system or your own stand alone router and wireless access points - all have pro's and con's.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to you both - I've opted for some TP-Link Powerline Adaptors (with WiFi) so will see how those perform. The VM free versions weren't great - so hoping these are better - if not will try a better primary router.

0 Kudos