Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Hub3s own MAC Addresses

Hello, can anyone can tell how many MAC addresses a Hub3 has please? On the Admin/Info tab I can see a Cable MAC address, and a very similar WAN IP MAC address - could there be a third MAC address associated with the Hub itself? I am asking because we have a WIFI MESH attached to the router, and its showing an unrecognised offline device with an almost identical MAC address to the Hub3s Cable/WAN, only one digit is different in the final pair - it seems too much of a coincidence not to be related to the Router, but I dont know how to check Thanks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub3s own MAC Addresses

Hi rupertgiles,

There are generally two MAC addresses associated with the hub. There's a CM MAC, which is printed on the bottom and identifies the equipment on our network - that's how we ensure the correct equipment is set up on accounts etc. The hub also has a CPE MAC address, which is probably the 2nd one you're seeing, this is usually very similar to the CM MAC with just the last digit being different.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos