Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub3

When are Virgin going to replace the current Hub3 with something decent ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub3

As my mother used to say... "when Nelson gets his eye back".

You need to do a mindset change. Regard any VM "Hub" as simply "a modem" - and only ever use it in modem mode and then you can use your own "decent" router and wireless equipment that do the job they were specifically designed to do "well", rather than "cheaply".

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You can do that yourself by putting the hub into modem mode with your own “decent” router attached. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Legend
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The Hub3 is a decent modem, it’s just the other functions that are useless. For this reason a large number of users get their own router. The VM hubs are built down to a price and it’s my belief that they offer very few functions so that VM can keep their support costs down. Can you see VM support answering a question from a user like “how do I setup a VLAN with my main network and my IoT network?”. You will never ever see a “decent” VM hub.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2