Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub3 won't factory reset to router mode

I can't get my Hub3 out of modem mode. When I factory reset it, it just restarts in modem mode and not router mode.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can't get Hub3 back to router mode

My WiFi has been dropping out every 5 minutes or so then reconnecting. I decided to try putting it in modern mode and using my TP-Link Archer VR2800 as a WiFi router. Put the Hub3 into modern mode. Tried to get the router working, but couldn't. Decided I've bitten off more than I can chew, so thought I'd just factory reset the Hub3 and it would go back to router mode, but it won't. It resets beck to modern mode and I don't know how to change it back.

Please help, I'm desperate, I have an exam that I have to take from home!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub3 won't factory reset to router mode

Carry out a factory reset on the Hub using this method …

DO NOT DO THIS if the password on the base of the Hub is not legible or missing.

Instructions for Hub 3

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.

With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar (I use a mobile phone SIM Slot tool) and do a pinhole reset.

Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.

DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Once a steady white and no other lights are illuminated check your system again.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't get Hub3 back to router mode

Please stick to one thread.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't get Hub3 back to router mode

Cheers... sorted it!

I can stop having a heart attack now!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub3 won't factory reset to router mode

Go to 192.168.100.1 in a browser and login to the admin page to change it back. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos