cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub3 permanent red light - fire risk!

fedup_of_chelt
On our wavelength

Raised the issue regarding my hub back in June and have repeatedly done so since. I am really really concerned it poses a fire risk despite being told numerous times that everything is OK by VM. The WiFi is flaky too.

I have raised an official complaint now and was an emailed a number to contact if my issue not resolved. Just rang the number 0345 454 1111 and thought great as managed to speak to a real person. However my bubble was burst when told to ring back in 2 hours as their systems are down!

What the heck is going on with customer service? I rely on broadband to work etc. and really think I need to switch it of.

Is the Ombudsman really my only way forward?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Connect to the Hub's menu and run the Network diagnostic tool.
Scroll down through the results and check the entry for Temperature ( Normal / too high ? )

To fix Hub 3 random Wi-Fi dropouts, Disable Smart Wi-Fi and Disable Auto Channel on both bands..

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Client62
Legend

Connect to the Hub's menu and run the Network diagnostic tool.
Scroll down through the results and check the entry for Temperature ( Normal / too high ? )

To fix Hub 3 random Wi-Fi dropouts, Disable Smart Wi-Fi and Disable Auto Channel on both bands..

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @fedup_of_chelt,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience with our staff about your red light issue!

A red light could mean that there's an internal error, or that the Hub is overheating. If the Hub is warm to the touch or smells like burning, please unplug the Hub from the mains as this could be a potential fire hazard.

I'll be more than happy to look into this for you and look over your complaint and see how I can help. I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details, so please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.
Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Running the diagnostics indicates normal temperature.

I believe have disabled both of the above but will check. 

Hi fedup_of_chelt,

Thanks for checking, let us know if the status of the hub light is still red since your last post. If so, we'll pop you over a private message to arrange a technician visit.

Alex_Rm

The red light is still permanently on - please go ahead and arrange for a technician.

Any news on a tech visit? 

Hi @fedup_of_chelt 👋.

Thanks for getting back to us. Apologies in the delay in responding, have you since been able to arrange a engineer visit or do you still require assistance. I shall send you a private message should you require us further. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

fedup_of_chelt
On our wavelength

Still waiting for a tech visit to replace the hub. I have been contacted several times to confirm that i am the account holder but then hear nothing else. This has been going on since June 23. How long can VM string me along! Absolutely awful service.

Hi fedup_of_chelt, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back to us in the Community. 

I can see that Sabrina helped get the engineer booked for you via private message and the visit has been completed. 

Can you update your thread to let us know if you're having any further issues?

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs