cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub3 lost SSID

LeeOwl
Tuning in

Following some outages today from VM I have rebooted my hub3 due to Wi-Fi connection issues.

On investigation it appears that the Hub3 has lost its SSID (single name for 2.4 nd 5ghz) and replaced it with part of the Mac address. 

I've tried several reboots and a reset on the button the back and still no improvement. 

Other than logging on and manually changing the name back has anyone any ideas why it happened and how it can be fixed.

4 REPLIES 4

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Router mode is buggy VM and their "we have done WiFi improvements" is bad just put the hub in modem mode and get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports.

---------------------------------------------------------------

jroj
Tuning in

I'm not sure if this is something Virgin does or endorses - but when flashing non-VM routers for a proper, proper reset, I used to always have to do a 30-30-30 reset. It's called a hard reset and commonly used for cases where a basic factory reset does no good. There are plenty of tutorials and information online, so I suggest looking at those too. In basic, this is how you do it - source Lifewire (opens in new tab) (because I can never remember this off the top of my head):

• With the router plugged in and powered on, depress the reset button for 30 seconds. This button is usually a tiny dot recessed into the back of the router. You may need a jeweler's screwdriver or a bent paperclip to access it.

• While still holding down the button, unplug the router from its power source for another 30 seconds.

• With the reset button still held down, turn the power back on and hold for another 30 seconds.

Hope this helps, have a good weekend.

stevo1210
Joining in

first of all have you done ping test to see if you getting any connection to the net probably not due to losing ssid first try powering off hub remove power supply leave off for 2 mins then reconnect if that dose not work or resolve the the issue the hub might be faulty  

I performed a 90 sec reset using the reset button on rear of hub. Seems to have solved it for now. Thanks all.