Menu
oldgit1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hub3 intermitttently crashing very slow download

Well the replacement Hub3 lasted 2 months max before deciding to go AWOL on a daily basis.  Come on Virgin its not Rocket science. Its a bl##dy modem - or supposed to be. Currently might as well be a sideboard light.  The rest of the world can use functional routers but Virgin go for a unit which dates back to the Ark but heyho its cheap. Yea I know they are in the process of updating their stock but unfortunately the current users have to make do with the SUPERHUB3 hahahaha. For this I am charged almost £80 a month.  I have been with them since NTL days must be over 15 years but I am seriously looking at BT because they do provide or allow you to use functional modems and their price is highly competitive.

I am not having a conversation with their tch support in India who can just about manage to ping the router before stating everything is OK OK OK

Goodnight

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub3 intermitttently crashing very slow download

Glad you got that off your chest.

Now... if you want any help from the fora community in diagnosing and sorting the technical issues post up more specific details.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
oldgit1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

What more specific do you honestly need John

It is simple On the 19 December VM provided with me a Superhub3 to replace my failed 3.5/4 year old type 1

& 7weeks later the Supehub type3 has failed with a continuous red light. When I interrogate the unit the service messages show it has been in a critical state for over 2 weeeks!!!!!"  Downloads are at times painfully slow takes more than 8 hours to download 4GB!!!!!!!

I reset the unit but now it refuses to go back into modem mode If you request it to turn to modem mode it reboots and so on and so on. Its sat there with a red light on as it has been foff and on for the past 10 days.

I may be 72 years old and bored sick with COVID but believe it or not I have better things to do than to sit rebooting a bloody VIrginMedia router. GET IT!!!!!!!!

If you don't work for VM then as far as I am concerned you might as welll be jewing a brick - Yes I am hacked off.  I am paying £75 a month for this garbage and VM can't even be **bleep** to get an employee to respond to the forum.   Don't give me the community bollocks - its just a way of VM saving money.

I have no interest in saving them money. I would rather save my own by not paying VM for something which does not function.

They are Extracting the urine  right!!!!!

Any more details required John.

Have a nice day and you can tell your missus about the sweet old guy you tried to help.  Don't send me anymore advice about my community ranking just get someone to issue a modem that works for longer than 7 weeks

And if you don't work for VM why the hell are you doing this?

0 Kudos
oldgit1
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yes I am glad to get it off my chest but my heart is taking the strain of dealing with you lot.  I have recently suffered a cardiac arrest, I suffer from critical heart failure so my life expectancy is not great but heyho and if you lot drag this out as you normally do then I will probably be a corpse before a replacement modem arrives. Have a nice day John and I bet all of your modems function you have not got the SUPERHUB3 as you are obviously reasonably savvy given you setup

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I dont work for VM and never have - a VM employee should respond here in ~5-10 days.

You clearly dont want advice from this community so I wish you well.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello oldgit1

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 
Sorry to hear about the ongoing issues with the Hub3
I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
oldgit1
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Downstream Power Levels range from.

The differential between the lowest at +4.4dBmV and the highest at +7.9

Upstream Channels running at 64 QAM

Logs show modem has been critical since at least miid January .ie less than 3 weeeks after being commissioned!!!!!! Reliable.

Major service outage 10 days ago since when modem staterd to intermittently and constantly show red light which it is currently doing.

Can't help  but think these superhub3s are too flaky .  Disconnnected and reset innumerable times to no blooody avail.  Not even convinced it is fullly resettting.   Loath too do too much and looose what little broadband I have.   Tried to re-attach old type 2 hub but no joy

I want to cable thr'out the houseso 3 is sweet fanny use to me

I can take snaps of all logs left on unit but currrntly very busy on urgent health isssues so it will have to wait until Monday at least

0 Kudos
oldgit1
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Total waste of time Pathetic Service

So having beeen with NTL and then Virgin for over 15 years and having a Type2 hub for 3 years Virgin finally replaced it after failure with a SuperHub3 which lasted 4 weeks before going AWOL.   After 2 weeeks of daily conversations on this forum the ever helpful 'Gareth L' sent me this message

Before I can have a look at this I just need to ask you a few security questions 
Can you confirm the following please
Account Address
The name on the account 
You are the account holder 
The 1st 3rd and 4th characters of the memorable word on the account 

I mean he might of asked me my card number and security digits.  All these guys label themselves as being non VM employeees and I am supposed to give them my personal details including effectively password before they can do someting about a hub which lasted 21 days and has beeen malfunctioning a further 21 days!!!!!!

last time I made this complaint they took it down.

Well done Gareth L - if you managed to find your work today!

Regards 
Gareth_L 

recieved

0 Kudos
oldgit1
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Total waste of time Pathetic Service

Looks like they will delete it again

0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Total waste of time Pathetic Service

As already explained in another thread, Gareth L does work for Virgin Media and he's part of the forum team.  That's made clear in his posts.

Many contributors do not work for Virgin, but do try to help others.

It's pretty reasonable to ask some basic security questions to verify who you are - in fact the Virgin teams are required to do so by law!    Would you want anyone to be able to contact Virgin Media and discuss matters on your account without being verified?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos