Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub3 info

I'm looking to upgrade from my super hub 2 to the hub 3. Is there any big differences good or bad and how does the logging into "WiFi Hotspots" in the WiFi Zones work  ?

Thanks......

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub3 info

The Hub 3 is a little bit better at a technical level because it uses more downstream channels on the cable connection, and that can mean better use of network bandwidth.  The wireless side is very mediocre, but if you have a smaller property and/or a very easy wireless environment that may not be a problem. 

However, if you're not experiencing any problems, don't request a Hub 3 - there's a chance you'll get a secondhand unit which may or may not matter to you (at the price I'm paying, I would be bothered), but more significantly we expect VM to start providing Hub 4s more widely in the coming months.  The Hub 4 itself is nothing to get excited about either, but at least it is newer technology and you'd get a brand new one, not one that's been collecting lint and **bleep** smoke for a year or two in somebody else's house. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I agree with Andruser - if it aint broke, dont try and fix it.

Why do you want to change. If its to move to a higher speed (>350) package you do have to change.

If its to get better functionality and wifi, you would be better served by getting your own router and wireless equipment, like many on here do.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Further to John's reply, getting your own router is also future proofing any new kit that VM give you.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson

Ex UK Armed Forces
Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
0 Kudos