cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub3 & MS Teams calls & Wifi

davidjp81
Tuning in

Afternoon,

I have had this problem for a while but it needs to be resolved please! I was speaking to a friend who also has virgin and had the same issue and it is supposedly a known issue with the Hub3 (his issue was resolved with a hub5

When im on teams calls for work - doesnt matter if its Wireless or Ethernet connected (No VPNs) every few minutes the internet will cut out and then a few seconds later it will come back and then say i have poor signal (i have ran tracert pings on multiple machines and watched the connection cut out on everything). This has been happening for as long as i can remember, on 20th Oct 2022, i applied for the Super Hub 6 deal, and did not ever hear back on this as was hoping that would solve the issue if i got a new hub.

The Wifi is not great around the house, it often cuts out and says no internet and then comes back online, or when im streaming the picture will go massively pixelated for about 30 seconds then come back to normal.

I tried using the Virgin connect app but it doesnt pick up the Hub3 at all so cant do any Wifi tests in other rooms.

This has been driving me crazy!

Please Help

Thanks

David

22 REPLIES 22

Thank you for that information davidjp81. I have taken a look on our side and I am unable to see anything that could be affecting this. 

Have you been able to try MS via different devices?

^Martin

i only have teams on my work laptop, i have a separate PC running netstat ping and when the call drops on the work laptop i see netstat pings dropping out on my PC for a few seconds

Thank you @davidjp81 can I ask if all drivers on the device are up to date? Also are you able to check teams on another laptop or device at all? 

I can also see the Hub has been up for over two weeks. Are you able to perform a pin hole reset? To do this push a pen etc into the reset hole at the back of the Hub and hold in for 60 seconds. 

Thank you.