Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hub3 Speed VERY slow

Background: I started off with an M50 but then out of the blue got an upgrade to a M100 upgrade (same box)

All seemed fine. After getting my V6 (I know it doesn’t connect directly to the interwebzt, so let’s leave the V6 out of this)

Being bored I ran 7-8 speed tests on the M100. The upload hovered around the mid 30’s – so no big issue there, but the download barely made it past 130Mbs (sometimes just 99Mbs) which according to the Virgin site should have been closer to almost 3 times that. (this was a 04:30 in the morning, so not peak times.

Switched everything off for hours, booted up fine, but the speeds were still poor. As I originally found out with my free upgrade was that this is something, they have to deal with at VM, not me at home. Also knowing computing, it would be a 5 min job at best.

Due to COVID-19, support is pretty much no-existent, they didn’t even tell their engineer that after 6 attempts and a text to confirm the cancellation, did they bother to tell him (he was either very polite and/or used to it)? F*ck NO!

Where would you suggest I take my query from here? And trust me I am not going on hold to get hung-up after 2+ hours.

Large companies must be loving this virus, so much work and wages to save.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub3 Speed VERY slow

@kriptikchicken wrote:

Background: I started off with an M50 but then out of the blue got an upgrade to a M100 upgrade (same box)

All seemed fine. After getting my V6 (I know it doesn’t connect directly to the interwebzt, so let’s leave the V6 out of this)

Being bored I ran 7-8 speed tests on the M100. The upload hovered around the mid 30’s – so no big issue there, but the download barely made it past 130Mbs (sometimes just 99Mbs) which according to the Virgin site should have been closer to almost 3 times that. (this was a 04:30 in the morning, so not peak times.

Switched everything off for hours, booted up fine, but the speeds were still poor. As I originally found out with my free upgrade was that this is something, they have to deal with at VM, not me at home. Also knowing computing, it would be a 5 min job at best.

Due to COVID-19, support is pretty much no-existent, they didn’t even tell their engineer that after 6 attempts and a text to confirm the cancellation, did they bother to tell him (he was either very polite and/or used to it)? F*ck NO!

Where would you suggest I take my query from here? And trust me I am not going on hold to get hung-up after 2+ hours.

Large companies must be loving this virus, so much work and wages to save.

If you upgraded to M100 then a speed of 99-130Mbps is within that "M100" speed range...?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 35
Flag for a moderator

But a M350 connection should replect 350 approx. What would give you the incentive to upgrade?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 35
Flag for a moderator

If you are paying for the 100Mbps service and that's what you are getting. If you want 350 you need to upgrade again, pay more and they will reconfigure your Hub to allow the faster speeds through. Or send you a new Hub if you have an older Superhub.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, willk all due respect, the V6 is nothing more than a shop and a M100 hub with a HDD. I believe I am easily within my legal rights to cancel.

The Virgon Speed Page, plainly states the speeds of a M350 connection.

Possibly my last post.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I don't understand what you're saying.

Do you have a 100Mbps broadband connection or a 350Mbps connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 35
Flag for a moderator

@kriptikchicken wrote:

Thanks, willk all due respect, the V6 is nothing more than a shop and a M100 hub with a HDD. I believe I am easily within my legal rights to cancel.

The Virgon Speed Page, plainly states the speeds of a M350 connection.

Possibly my last post.

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

Hub 2 & 3 When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Hub 4 When the page appears LOG IN then click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Configuration tab onto here, if you get a yellow / straw box warning click the Post button again. Use one post for each tab if you wish. Please do not use screen grabs.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I beleived that my extra (substantial cash) was to upgrade from a M100 to a M350.

Along side that I got a V6 box (which can't connect to the interwebz on it's own, it needs the M100 It is nothing nore than a glorified M100 with more storage. Oh and you have to subscribe to everything. The M100 has Netflix, Amazon Prime etc and even chanels I can't access on the V6 but I can on the M100!

The V6 is just a con, built around sellling more packages and your friends for cash. Plus you have tice as many devices and cables in your house.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 35
Flag for a moderator

EDIT:- My contract states (and I quote) - ""

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Nothing is a con - if you don't like it, don't buy/subscribe/use it...

You obviously thought wrong about the speeds - what does the contract say that you were sent when signing up for the V6 box?

0 Kudos