cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub3 Red light solid

Afghanhoundlady
Tuning in

Hello

For several weeks now I have had a solid red power light.  Everything is working although the Wi-Fi does keep kicking off the iPads from the network on a regular basis.  I have followed all the help procedures.  Unplugged everything, checked all connections.  Reset the hub. Everything that has been suggested in all the other posts we have tried but nothing resolves The hub does not feel hot or overheated, but still illuminates solid red.

Is it possible to get the hub exchanged please as it cannot be good to have it red all the time

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the red LED is still showing after a pinhole reset, the Hub should be replaced.  The overheat warning needs to be working otherwise it could be a fire risk.

Wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up and discuss with you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the red LED is still showing after a pinhole reset, the Hub should be replaced.  The overheat warning needs to be working otherwise it could be a fire risk.

Wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up and discuss with you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there,

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums!

I'm sorry to hear you have a red base light on your Hub. If you have a Hub 3, this would indicate that the Hub is possibly overheating, or it could be an issue with the LED - if the Hub doesn't feel too warm. 

Can you please just confirm that the Hub is in a clear and open space before we proceed?

Many thanks 😊

Beth

As I said. Yes Hub in a clear open space. Checked everything. Thank you. 

Afghanhoundlady
Tuning in

Yes as I said, checked everything. Thank you. 

Hi there,

Thank you for clarifying. I've popped you over a private message so I can take your details and arrange for a new Hub to be installed.

Thank you

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for getting back to me with your details, @Afghanhoundlady 

I've gone ahead and booked in the next available engineer appointment for you, to view or change the appointment time, you can manage your booking here.

I also just need to make you aware, that there may be a £25 charge for the appointment if:

The customer is not present for the technician visit (aka a missed appointment).
   The fault is due to customer's own equipment.
  The fault is due to damage caused by someone at the customer's premises which we were not aware of.
  The fault is due to theft, loss, or removal of equipment.

Let us know if you need anything else and how the visit goes.

Thanks!

Beth

JNukem8472
On our wavelength

Hello there. My VM Hub 3 also has a Solid Red light on it and has done for a few weeks now. I have pinhole reset the hub and also tried turning it off for a while and turning it back on and yet the solid red light remains. The Hub does not feel like it is overheating.

Hey Nujem8472, thank you for reaching out I have picked your issues up on another thread.

Please check your inbox when you can. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

AdrianWhyte
On our wavelength

Hi - My SH3 has had a solid RED Light for months doesn't feel too hot but wifi does seem to drop sometimes and struggles streaming during the day/evening despite having 2 wifi pods (originally due to poor signals in some rooms). 
When pods were installed light was solid WHITE but as stated is now solid Red & has been for months. 
I have diconnected SH3 a number of times but returns to solid RED after 10 minutes.