Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub3.0 connection

Hi all 

This morning  whilst watching a video on prime my hub 3 ceased to be connected  to the Internet. No cables, connections or power were touched it altered in any way. The WiFi light is on solidly and the power light is flashing green. The diagnostics on the vm site and app suggest it's a cabling issue..cant see how this is true as nothing has altered (I have checked the connections too and they are fine). 

I have restarted the router several times..waiting longer and longer times without the power connected. As ll to no avail. I am at  a loss of what to do next. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks 

Martin

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub3.0 connection

Flashing green base light indicates no connection - so have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 gives the best chance of getting through quickly, although I got through recently in 20' at ~1pm midweek

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. There are no faults showing on the web version or the phone version. I have attempted to call the virgin and report the error. You get through several levels of menu and are informed that the call centres are closed because of corona virus and to check the website....which isn't any use 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They aren't closed (although at this hour they may be). Calling at 08.00 gives you the best chance of getting through quickly. Several people on here reported getting through in less than 5minutes when calling at that time. I got through in 20 minutes on a Wednesday afternoon recently. Just be patient.

If you get into an automated cycle of doing reboots and then get cut off, just call back in 15 mins and the system "should" recognise that you have done that and it hasn't helped and direct you to the queue for someone to pick it up.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies may take longer

A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take several days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am having the exact same issue. Happened today green WiFi light is stable but the power light is blinking. Working fine this morning and dropped out this afternoon. Tried resetting through the pin hole multiple times with no success. Currently without internet, tv and phone 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Follow the exact same advice then.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos