cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub

MrGray
Tuning in

Hi , I have the  1Gb hub but it’s stopped working it’s been intermittent speeds over the last few months now it finally packed in I no longer have wi-fi also virgin tv is missing loads of  catch up and recordings . I have been through the virgin connection app 

and after disconnecting and rebooting and all usual stuff still nothing the white light is on but it doesn’t flash like it usually does 

I suspect the hub as blown it is also very warm to touch the app as arranged for an engineer to come tomorrow and hopefully replace the hub well I’ve had it about 9 years

I can’t wait to get it up and running again , it’s like loosing a limb.

Can you get compensated for lost days I’ve been without my full services for  4 days now 

fingers crossed for tomorrow 

1 REPLY 1

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have had the Hub for 9 years it is not a 1GB Hub

What model is it - it's printed on its base sticker?

Also,

check for any “known network faults in your location - Try in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status)

2) Then also Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

If nothing shows on there, call it in a fault - free on 150 (VM line)  or 0345 454 1111 others (national rate). See what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.