Menu
Brirace1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hub

Is my hub faulty i have to reset it every day now  never had this trouble before Has anybody got a answer to this problem before i cancel Virgin all-together it driving me up the wall

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub

Hi Brirace1, 

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with your hub, it's not what we like to hear. 

Could you expand a little? 

What is it that's happening to make you reboot?

Which hub are you using?

Do you have to reboot at random times or do you notice any kind of pattern?

Let us know, we're keen to help. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
Brirace1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It normally happens around 10pm and I lose all sites on all of my devices I then have to reboot to get back to  normal I think its a hub 2 it has a number of blue lights on the front of it 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back @Brirace1

Sorry that you're having some issues still - I have run a few checks from here; can you please reboot the Hub when you have a moment so we can refresh our settings. 

We also need you to complete what is called a loopback test to confirm all ports are working on the hub.

To do this, please plug both ends of an Ethernet cable into 2 of the ports on the back of the Hub and confirm that the lights on the ports turn on when the cable is connected.

Please pop back once you have done both those checks and let us know what happens with the loopback test 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Brirace1
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

rebooted then did the loop test lights ok then had to reboot again which took a lot longer than normal
0 Kudos
Brirace1
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Not sure if you got the last message but rebooted did the loop test lights on lost connection after test had to reboot again which took a lot longer than normal 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for that - we can see that this has been done from here too 🙂 

Looks like we'll need to get you a replacement hub sent out for you if that's ok? I'll pop you a Private Message so we can go through security and get that sorted out for you. 

Look out for a Purple Envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying to my Private Message @Brirace1

Please do let me know how you get on with your new Hub once it's delivered and do pop back if you have any further questions or issues 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Brirace1
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie - Forum Team

Received Hub no problem installing all devices ok and set up did have a bit of a problem with my Amazon Echo it was been a bit stubborn but ok now 

Thanks for your help

Kind Regards

B.Race

0 Kudos