Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub/router keeps losing WiFi signal

Do Virgin reps reply to this forum?

I've been having this issue for months now, the hub keeps losing connection almost every day at random times and I'm very frustrated about this. I've been a customer for more than 3 years and only started to experience this about 3 months ago. Sometimes my devices just say 'no internet' and sometimes the Hub goes to green lights. I've tried tightening all cable connections, sometimes a reboot fixes this, sometimes several reboots and sometimes I have to wait for one hour or two before a reboot works. I think this is a faulty Hub, any chance I can be sent a new one asap Virgin reps?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub/router keeps losing WiFi signal

I would say you need a tech visit, sounds to me like a issue with the signal going to the modem from the network. Hub wouldn’t be your issue with this

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your post Guyastral and welcome to our community.

Are you still experiencing some issues with your connection?

If so, could we please confirm if any wired devices disconnect as well? 

Have you already attempted a pin hole reset of the Hub?

Please ensure your Hub is out in the open, upright and at least 1 metre away from other electronic devices if possible.

It may also help to forget the network on the struggling devices and then reconnecting these in the area of the property this would be most used. This would ensure it's put on the correct connection.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily, sometimes I lose connection on all devices including the wired ones and sometimes just the ones on the WiFi. I've tried the pin hole reset and sometimes works. I've tried everything suggested but keep having the same issues. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming, we'd need to take a further look into the account and possibly book an engineer appointment or a replacement Hub for you.

I'll pop you over a private message now if you can please respond to this by going to the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos