cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub requires reboot every couple of days

Millimoo
Tuning in

Hello, since Christmas my broadband fails 2-3 times per week. We manage to get it up and running again by powering down the hub, waiting a few minutes, then turning back on. Sometimes it takes a few attempts for it to work. I'm finding this really frustrating now. Please can I have my hub replaced? Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Give us some more info.  What Hub model is it and what package are you on?  What devices are connected on ethernet or wifi?

Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

Also, have you checked for any “known network faults in your location - Try in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status)

2) Then also Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Juhel86
Tuning in

I think you’ll need to get them to send an engineer out. I had something similar a few years ago and they fitted some kind of filter/coupler on to my cable that alters the strength of the signal coming in. Kind of like a mini amplifier, and it stops your WiFi dropping out. Typically happens when a lot of your neighbours are getting VM broadband, and the WiFi signals start clashing.