Menu
BogdanTodosi
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub reboots at midnight around 12:30am

Hi, 3 or 4 days ago my VirginMedia Hub started rebooting around midnight,every night. It did the same a few months back and then it stopped until now. Dont know what is wrong with it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub reboots at midnight around 12:30am

This is usually the time that VM will reboot the system at their end if they have been doing some work. It usually only continues for a few days. How long has it been going on?

Also, in the meantime... if you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
BogdanTodosi
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub reboots at midnight around 12:30am

It's been going on for 3-4 days, and the last time this happend (a few months ago) it went on for about 10-15 days.

Thanks for the monitoring tip, i'll try it but during the day it works perfectly fine.

0 Kudos