Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub not working after moving home

I've moved home and took my virgin media hub with me. Today I've received some cables to install it, it was fast as previous tenant had virgin media as well. I did the installation with instructions and from flashing lights it says everything should be working. Unfortunately I can't connect any device to my broadband. The WiFi is visible but it's not working, I can't sign it to it. It also says the connection is blocked... 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub not working after moving home

All new installs / replacement electronic equipment need to be activated.

You can try the Activation number -  0800 953 9500 

Best time to phone is 08:00

Or

You can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've tried calling this number and couldn't go through secretary. My account should be activated as they knew about my moving date and my account has just been transferred to new address. 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Until the Hub / V6 / Tivo are connected they cannot be activated.

Leave them overnight ,and if they work you are up and running; if they don't work, phone in on the number I gave you.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos