Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub not connecting to all devices

My hub is only connecting to a handful of devices in the house others are seeing the connection and passing security but not connecting to the network or internet. I have restarted, factory reset, and tried manually assigning IPs. It’s pot luck which device is able to connect.

please could anyone help?

I have online exams next week so getting a little desperate with the call centres being shut!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub not connecting to all devices

You may be as well refining your Wi-Fi management, it will certainly help keeping track of your Wi-Fi frequencies.

Best done with a cable connected device.

Instructions for Hub 3

Advanced Settings > Wireless Signal > click ‘Disable Channel Optimization’ > Click ‘Apply Changes’.

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security > Add 2 to the 2.4GHz Channel name [SSID] > Add 5 to the 5 GHz Channel name [SSID] > Click ‘Apply Changes’

You can leave the passwords the same as they are. 

Log out of the Hub then reboot using this method ...

Switch the Hub off using the small switch on the rear of the Hub next to the power cord and pull the PSU plug from the wall socket.

Give it a good 5 minutes put the plug back in and switch the Hub back on.

Allow the Hub a few minutes to fully restart then try your Wi-Fi again.

You will need to reconnect all you Wi-Fi devices some will want to connect to 5Ghz and some to 2.4GHz and some will connect to either.

When you connect the devices do it at the furthest point from the Hub that the device will be used.

2.4GHz is a stronger signal but slower than 5GHz so if you have problems on 5GHz change to 2.4GHz.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub not connecting to all devices

Hi Secil, thanks for getting in touch - apologies for the delay getting back to you. 

I'm also sorry to hear about the problems you've had with certain devices connecting.

I've taken a look into this today and there are no known faults or obvious issues - so I', hoping things have improved for you since?

If not let us know what devices are impacted specifically - have you noticed if you're having any problems with wired  connections too or does the problem lie with WiFi specifically? Please keep us posted.

Tom 

0 Kudos