Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub lights

Permanent red light on hub and intermittent wifi. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub lights

Are you in Router Mode or Modem Mode ?

If in Router Mode the red power light is an indication of over heating and most not be ignored.

Do not be fobbed off with "if it is cool it will be OK" or "Just blow a fan over it", this is dangerous advice.

When you go out or retire for the night ensure that the Hub is unplugged from the mains.

The only fix is a replacement Hub.

You can either phone in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike. Thank you for your comment. The hub is in router mode. The light has always been red. Virgin technician told me it was not an issue. The hub is not hot. I have reset as you suggested and so far so reliable. Light still red though. Cheers

Neil

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi NB5,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the intermittent issue you've been having. 

I will private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos