Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub lights flashing

Hi Everyone i am needing some help or advice , on my Hub3 and TV box the lights start flashing and i lose all internet connections . This is happening at least twice a day and also on my home phone landline i get a message on the phone screen saying Line cord error . after about 15 mins everything comes back on and is fine . I have tried all of the troubleshooting advice , run tests etc . and all i get told from Virgin using the text service is to reboot the Hub . which i have done umpteen times but the issues just keep happening . I was supposed to get a home visit from an engineer but Virgin cancelled saying that the issue had been fixed .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub lights flashing

Could be some confusion here. If there IS a known issue VM tech visits get auto-cancelled. If it is fixed then you should be able to get that visit reinstated.

Have you checked for “known network faults” to see if there is one in your location

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John , the issues are getting worse today and i have just spent the last 2-30 hrs on a phone trying to explain what was happening and i am still not getting anywhere so i have decided to have the case escalated as this is not what i signed up for . i asked for a home visit from a engineer and i can't get one until next week . i have tried all of the troubleshooting advice and nothing is fixing the issues . so i will decide over the next few hours whether i wll cancel the contract and Virgin can come and pick up their equipment from the garden as i have had enough of this
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Were there any "known problems" when you checked ? If not call it in.

Are you within 14 days of starting a new contract? If so you can cancel with no early termination fees..

If not - cancellation is by 30 days notice. If you are out of contract that's it. If you are still "in contract" then there will be early exit fees dependent on how long is left on your contract.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John . I only got fully connected on the 02/11/20 and it is the full package . Broadband , TV and landline + 2 mobile sims i am supposed to be getting the 500 mbs connection . i have the 2 Tv boxes , the Hub 3 . But everyday since i have been connected i am having problems due to the internet crashing out . the Hub lights keep flashing or it just goes off all toghether . I can't get my mobiles to connect nor my PC or the tablets
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So have you cancelled? Isn't doing it today the last opportunity?

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos