Menu
helikacarvalho
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hub keeps dropping

Hello,

Called VM a lot of time, and just lost my time. I.explain to then that my hub is showing steady red light, and if you are  in a whatsapp callz the connection drops and come back after 2 minutes, the same with youtube videos wired. Ask them to send a new router, my router is very old and the red light could be a hearing sign. Im felling alone and lost, i work from home and i really need a good connection. Paying a lot for a not good service, i want to send the old hub back and get new one, but the say they will no send, what. I can do???

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub keeps dropping

What Hub model is it (printed on its sticker)?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
helikacarvalho
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. It's hub 3.0 

Vmdg505

Tried to reset, leaving for 1 hour off, but nothing

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I will ask VM to come here and take a look as a red light is not "normal"

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
helikacarvalho
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I've  explain to them several times, they if the internet is working they will not change the hub, but the internet keeps jumping, i don't want a new model, could be the same, i just need a good internet. I work with support over the internet, so i need a steady internet.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

See what they say when they get here. But are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables?

If you don't know, can you check on a computer/laptop connected on ethernet to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @helikacarvalho

Welcome to the community and thanks for getting in touch with us here on the forums.

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your connection, this will need a technician visit to resolve the issues.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about your appointment on your online account and clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
helikacarvalho
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

With cable is the same, my son uses a android tv box and i use the wifi, when im in call suddenly the internet drops in the youtube and the call connection drop in my computer.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The team should be able to sort this for you, when they come to visit on the date specified on your online account.

Its likely that they will need to replace your hub with the same model of hub as the red light can mean that the hub is overheating and could cause further issues if not replaced.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
helikacarvalho
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you

0 Kudos