Menu
Prothers
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub keeps crashing

Ever since I upgraded to Fibre 500, the hub (latest model) keeps crashing.  Happens 5 times a week? Any ideas? Have we got a dud?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub keeps crashing

Is it a Hub4 or Hub3. If the Hub3 - what are the lights on it doing/showing at the time of these "crashes"?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Prothers
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi. It's a Hub 3. The green WiFi 'fan' flashes for a bit, then it goes out and we have WiFi again. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If the power light is a stable "white" then its not disconnecting from the network it is just your wifi connection to it that is dropping. To "prove" this can you connect a computer/laptop directly into the Hub on an ethernet cable and see whether that remains connected ok when the wifi devices drop out.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Prothers
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok, thanks John, will try next time. Why would the WiFi connection keep going down though? It's not just one device that falls off, it's all of them together. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

See the two "pink sticky" posts about this, at the top of this forum board.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos