Menu
stevemc2
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hub devices

Had a technician out today checking the speed of the broadband as I cant connect remotely for work purposes. He told me there are too many devices connected to the hub ( currently 13 to a hub that only supports a maximum of 10 devices).

How do I go about removing these? does each family individual have to remove the device themselves with their own device  from the virgin network in order for me to be able to log in remotely .

HELP !  : )

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub devices

Technician's talking crap.  The hub certainly is a mediocre router, and many of the regulars around here have (like me) bought our own router or mesh wifi setup, but even so it'll support 25 or so devices at least.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Andrew is correct - describe in more detail the issues you are having on wifi and on ethernet connections - how are you trying to connect remotely to work - a VPN?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
stevemc2
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I think it’s a vpn yes . I have to log in with an Authenticator app and a code . And it keeps timing out now with this error message 

0 Kudos
stevemc2
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How much does the new router or mesh WiFi thing cost and will do the job ? Is that like a booster for the router ? I use my laptop 

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@stevemc2 wrote:

How much does the new router or mesh WiFi thing cost and will do the job ? Is that like a booster for the router ? I use my laptop 

Put the wallet on the floor, step away from the wallet with your hands in the air!

If you've got wifi problems a decent router or mesh system is the way to go, but so far we don't know that's your problem.  Unfortunately I can't comment on the VPN aspects, but until somebody can help with that, it may or may not help with your problem.  Since we'd be talking £70-130, probably better to wait than buy in hope?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Yakidd91
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Also worth raising with your works IT Support.

I work in IT myself and believe me when I say VPNs aren't so simple as they seem. More often than they should be able to narrow down where the issue is.

0 Kudos
stevemc2
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you 

0 Kudos