cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub change

BSK1
Tuning in

Several months ago I accepted changes to my account in response to a 1.5hr sales call. To cut a long story short this 'upgrade' turned into a saga lasting over a month and requiring dozens of phone calls. To cut a long story short I was extremely annoyed to be told by a visiting Virgin technician that the problem was not with the new hub5 but (and his manager agreed!) with my PC that had worked perfectly before. I was then abandoned. However, I insisted on replacing the hub5 with a hub3 and since then everything has been fine. I wrote to Virgin accordingly months ago and only received your 'boiler plate' letter promising follow up that has never happened. Given the pending increase I really will have to look elsewhere. As a customer of over 17 years I'm extremely fed up with your poor service.

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@BSK1 wrote:

Several months ago I accepted changes to my account in response to a 1.5hr sales call. To cut a long story short this 'upgrade' turned into a saga lasting over a month and requiring dozens of phone calls. To cut a long story short I was extremely annoyed to be told by a visiting Virgin technician that the problem was not with the new hub5 but (and his manager agreed!) with my PC that had worked perfectly before. I was then abandoned. However, I insisted on replacing the hub5 with a hub3 and since then everything has been fine. I wrote to Virgin accordingly months ago and only received your 'boiler plate' letter promising follow up that has never happened. Given the pending increase I really will have to look elsewhere. As a customer of over 17 years I'm extremely fed up with your poor service.

It is not too clear from your description, what is your reason for posting? Do you need any further help with connection issues or is your post to share your experience with the forum?

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @BSK1 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, its great to have you on the team. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this experience with our teams and this is not at all what we would want for you as a customer. Are you able to expand on how we can help and what you would like from us? 

Thank you

I think my reasons for being annoyed with Virgin support are already clear. Principally, it's very annoying when you write to your Complaints department simply to receive your standard letter promising follow up that never materialises. To recap, my main complaint was that your technician and, according to him, his manager both agreed that the newly installed Hub5 was not the  problem but it was, in fact, down to my PC. No advice as to what to do or what the problem was. I had to insist on going back to a Hub3 which has worked perfectly since. It might be a good idea to advise your technician and his manager that their course of action was wrong. Incidentally, I spent £75 with a PC technician at the start of this install trying to find where the problem lay. After 18 years as a customer I would have hoped for some reduction in your charges. One final point, whilst I was trying to get this sorted out I got differing responses depending on who I was actually talking to in your organisation.

Thank you for expanding on your concerns and compliant @BSK1 

It is disappointing that you have not been given the support needed and have had a bad customer experience when switching from the Hub 5 from the Hub 3 and that the engineers were not able to find fault with the Hub 5 itself. 

We do offer 3rd party support for instances where the fault lies with a customer equipment rather than ours, this is called Gadget Rescue and is a chargeable service. You can find out more about gadget rescue here if needed. 

I'm happy to hear that switching back to the Hub 3 has now resolved the issues you had with your PC and everything is all up and running for you. The follow up that you say has not happened which was promised on the complaint letter, was this a physical follow up by an engineer visit or a phone call, or was this some other promise that you have not seen actioned? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley