cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub & 360 TV in different rooms via 2 outside cable ins?

Drig22
Joining in

We already have a broadband hub in one room at the front of the house where it's plugged in to a playstation via ethernet (for that super fast / lag free online gaming).

We'd like to replace our Sky TV with a Virgin 360 TV box in the living room - two rooms away from where the hub is.

The wifi single in the living room isn't great and besides even if we got a wifi booster, I'm not sure that running the TV even over a good wifi signal is the best idea?

We could run an ethernet cable from the hub room to the living room, but there would be a bunch of building/decorating work involved.

Does anyone know if Virgin engineers would accommodate splitting (or something similar) the incoming cable on the exterior of the building so that we have one line coming in at the front of the house and another coming in to the living room (same exterior wall about 10 metres along)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have to have a coax connection for the TV box so the install technician would put a new cable in for this. What they will not do is run an Ethernet cable from the hub to the TV box. As you say WiFi is not good for this so it would be best if you got an electrician to install an Ethernet cable.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have to have a coax connection for the TV box so the install technician would put a new cable in for this. What they will not do is run an Ethernet cable from the hub to the TV box. As you say WiFi is not good for this so it would be best if you got an electrician to install an Ethernet cable.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks for the (super swift!) response, I was hoping to avoid that solution but guess I was kidding myself! No to see what availability my sparky has...

Hello Drig22,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with the 360 box and the location of the Hub.

As advised above we can run a Coax to connect this. 

I can arrange that if you haven't done so already.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

I have a similar problem. I have just got a TV360 box but my hub is in a front room and the TV in a back room. There is and old coax cable from a previous Virgin install but it is cut off just before it enters the back room - can this be sorted?

Hi @brianhomer 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. Please do make your own thread in the future 🙂

What is it you're looking to do please? Get the cabling removed or do a relocation?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill