Menu
crevo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hub Upgrage

Cannot order a hub upgrade online, phone is a constant dead end loop, can a staff member get in touch please 

0 Kudos
sophist
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub Upgrage

what issues are you having with your current hub?

0 Kudos
crevo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

one or more of the ports are very slow, it can be fixed/changed by swapping out ethernet cables daily to work out which one is doing it , this isn't what i'm paying for, ive had this hub many years now, and was told i can request an upgrade, which would solve the issue instantly but as usual links don't work for VM ever, customer services (not in this country as usual) have no idea about an upgrade and passed me to faults, which is just a dead end and ends up here

0 Kudos
crevo
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

i will add the connect app also says im due an upgrade 

0 Kudos
sophist
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

if you currently have a hub2ac or older then I think you can upgrade to a 3, though there's a shortage at the moment, so unless there's a proper fault with the one you have, you may find VM reluctant to send a new one out.

the easiest way is to probably switch your current hub off before calling and tell them it's dead.

you can also wait around here for forum staff to pick the post up and take you through some additional troubleshooting steps but they can also arrange for new hubs to be issued (though given the current shortage, I saw in another thread that they can't currently arrange for them to be sent out - they have to arrange an engineer visit - the engineer will then replace the hub..)

crevo
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the update will just wait and see if someone answers if not will escalate to a not working complaint and get an engineer in 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi crevo,

Welcome to the Community Forums, thanks for your first post.

Sorry to hear that some of the ethernet ports on your current hub aren't working properly and you've struggled to get a replacement hub online. As tefwolf has correctly advised, we sadly have very limited hub stock and so we're not currently able to send out replacements as a delivery. 

However this would be an issue that we'd need to replace the hub for, so I've arranged the next available engineer visit for you. The engineer will be able to replace the hub there and then for you.

Let us know how the visit goes and if you  need anything else!

Beth

crevo
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

thank you very much 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9