Menu
Gilly586
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub Upgrade?

Hello,

I've been having connection issues with specific games for the past couple years now and even after client sided fixes, it is not resolved. After doing some research on relevant posts, the issue seems to be caused by the fact that I'm using the Super Hub 2AC.

Since then I've been scouring the virgin media website trying to find a way to find out if I'm eligible for an upgrade to a newer hub or not but I can't find any relevant online services or telephone prompts.

If there is a way to find out, please let me know.

Thanks

0 Kudos
sophist
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub Upgrade?

it seems that VM have paused (stopped?) the 2ac upgrade offer in recent weeks.. there's a shortage of hubs at the moment so they're even sending out reconditions 2ac's to people when their hubs develop faults..

If yours has a genuine fault you should be able to secure a replacement (though again, they aren't being shipped out based on customer request, new hubs currently require an engineer visit - i guess to validate that there is a genuine fault).

What specifically are you having problems with? might be that people around here can help diagnose the issue.

0 Kudos
Jac70
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I ordered a SuperHub 3 yesterday. I found a link somewhere but cannot remember exactly where - likely somehwhere on these forums as I was searching them last night. It is scheduled to arrive on Friday.

0 Kudos
Gilly586
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's the typical World of Warcraft and ESO disconnect every ~30 minutes bug. Randomly it will just disconnect and ONLY these programs are affected (that I've found so far), discord and spotify still work when it occurs. Apparently it's cause by some firmware issue on the 2ac (don't know much about it), so receiving another 2ac would achieve nothing unfortunately. Every post I've seen reporting the issue has had it resolved by receiving a different model hub. I'm not sure what else I can do in the mean time.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You can put the hub into Modem Mode and use your own better router or mesh system?

Why rely on the hub's poor routing "capabilities"?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

the 2ac was always said to be the better hub for gamers - the hub3 and 4 use a puma chip that can give problems - search on here or via Google for lots of info - VM have upgraded the firmware on the hub3 and 4 to reduce/solve the problem but its a software fix for a hardware issue so not ideal - the 2ac does nor suffer from the problem and was as i said the go to hub for gamers - its problem is that VM have not issued a config file for anything over 200 so if you wanted to go higher than 200 then you need the hub3 regardless

non of that takes away from the fact you are having problems with a couple of games and whilst i dont play games i dont think the answer is a hub upgrade - you need to look at other things - are you connected by a lan cable or via wifi - thats the first thing

if you cannot solve the problem then try the hub in modem mode connected via a lan cable to the pc or console - if that solves the problem then think about adding your own wifi router and running the hub in modem mode permanently 

Tony
0 Kudos