Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hub Upgrade

I have recently updated my Virgin contract & was under the impression that because of an intermittent & poor signal that I would be able to update my Super Hub 2 (which is 6 years old) to a Super Hub 3 free of charge. Unfortunately I have not heard anything 

I have been upgraded to 100Mb/s broadband speed but rarely get above 30Mb/s even on a good day.

I have also downloaded the new Virgin Media Connect app to see whereabouts in the house is best for reception only to find the app only works with a Hub 3 or Hub 4.

I have tried to sort the issue using Virgin help but understand they are understaffed at the moment & this is not an emergency.

What do the collective suggest?

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub Upgrade

Did you ask for a Hub3?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi CTMarshall,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. Am I correct in saying you're looking to upgrade to a new HUB 3 or 4 due to issues with your Super HUB 2?

If yes, we can help with that, plus I believe it will be free! 🙂

Let me know and we'll start a chat to get it underway.

Thanks,

Megan_L

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Whilst I am not convinced yet that it will solve any of your issues, you could try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3's (may be a delivery charge).

It works first time for about 50% of customers, but if you get the - "Ooops - please call" message that usually means you are on an old package that the computer cant recognise so they want to speak to you about it. When you call it in it's a coin toss whether the agent knows about the scheme. If they do they will just say "ok we will send one out" (there may be a delivery charge) - or - they say "oh no, that's an upgrade there will be a charge and it starts a new contract". Neither of those statements in correct - so just say no thanks and leave the call.

After that you could try texting on 07533 051809 - include account name/number and what the issue is and see what they say – replies may take a bit longer

Finally a VM person should pick this up here and sort the swap for you, but it can take several days.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gary, yes I did ask for an upgrade.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan, thanks for your reply, yes I am looking to upgrade to a new Hub 3.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, thanks for the information, I tried the link but got an "Oops! Something went wrong.
Sorry, we’re unable to change your package online." message.
Hopefully Megan (see above) might be able to help.
Cheers Colin
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes Megan should look into that for you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan, did you want me to contact you?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi CTMarshall, 

Thanks for coming back to me about this, sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

I will reply to your PM now 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L