Menu
Edwardsrj
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub Replacement - Isolating

Hi there, 

I have just joined Virgin and for the first few days my broadband was working great.  Now my hub will not turn on, it’s connected and plugged in with the button in the on position but they are no lights or noise. 

I have tried to call but I am sent a text that runs checks and then offers me an engineer appointment.  The issue is I’m self isolating ahead of an operation and cannot leave the house or have anyone in.  Does anyone know how I can be sent a replacement hub?  I need it to continue working from home.  I even looked into buying one second hand but no guarentee it can be activated. 

Any help would be much appreciated! 

0 Kudos
Irishdexy
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub Replacement - Isolating

You need to call 150 and stay on the line with them, however long that takes, unfortunately. Once there go through technical faults and advice them your router is dead and won't turn on. 

They should then send a new one out but does anything else plugged into the same socket work as they will likely ask all of that when you get through.

Good Luck

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Edwardsrj wrote:

Hi there, 

I have just joined Virgin and for the first few days my broadband was working great.  Now my hub will not turn on, it’s connected and plugged in with the button in the on position but they are no lights or noise. 

I have tried to call but I am sent a text that runs checks and then offers me an engineer appointment.  The issue is I’m self isolating ahead of an operation and cannot leave the house or have anyone in.  Does anyone know how I can be sent a replacement hub?  I need it to continue working from home.  I even looked into buying one second hand but no guarentee it can be activated. 

Any help would be much appreciated! 

they may be able to do a doorstep delivery of a replacement - will flag the thread and hopefully someone can arrange that

Tony
0 Kudos
Edwardsrj
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Irishdexy,

I have just got through to them and they are sending me a replacement for Friday, really good service. 

No luck trying it plugged into different sockets, and other appliances are working fine. 

Regards,

Rob 

Irishdexy
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No Problem, Unfortunately, it happens with such Equipment but glad they are sending one out for Friday

Keep Safe and Take Care

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Edwardsrj,

Thank you for coming back to us, I am glad to hear you have managed to speak to us and arrange a replacement Hub, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused, please let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos