cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub Needs Rebooting Every Few Days As Wi-Fi Dies

AndrewFisher
Dialled in

Hi, this is regarding my Super Hub 2...

Ever since it was installed, must be a few years now, it's needed a reboot whenever the wi-fi dies, which used to be about every 4 weeks. Over the last few months it's needed rebooting about once a week, with this week the wi-fi dropping out yesterday and again today, so it's starting to get annoying!

My box is downstairs and my computer is upstairs so I've no way of checking to see if the ethernet connection drops off as well.

I don't know if it's related, but when the Hub is functioning the 5GHz signal works absolutely fine, while the 2GHz is somewhat dodgy in that it seems 'corrupt' at times... internet downloads drop out quite often and completed downloads are sometimes corrupted, as are the transfer of files, mostly music, between the computer and my WD My Cloud NAS which is plugged into the Hub via the LAN cable and communicates via Wi-Fi. None of that happens when I'm connected to 5GHz.

Should I just ask VM for a new box or could it be something fixable?

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

Just as an update to this, my Superhub 2 was replaced with a Superhub 3 back in July 22 as part of a change of contract unrelated to this post and the Hub 3 has worked continuously since then with no problems - no more having to reboot it nearly every day, sometimes several times a day... lovely! Conclusion - the Hub 2 was indeed faulty and has gone to serve the purpose for which it was best intended - in the energy from waste incinerator. A fitting end.

Hey AndrewFisher, thank you for reaching out with an update and I am very happy to see your Hub 3 is working perfectly. 

Please do feel free to reach out if you ever need any help in the future. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?