cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5

Exo45
Joining in

image.jpg

Hello my broadband cable doesn’t seem to fit into the hub 5 connecter im not sure if I have been given the wrong cable or not but my phone will not connect to the Wi-Fi although the white light is on and everything else is secured and connected is this a fault on Virgin media’s end or do I need to push the cable in further even tho it doesn’t seem to budge any further than that

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

A dimmed white light shows a normal connection (to the outside world). See below for light options

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/virgin-media-wifi-not-working

What happens when you connect a device via an ethernet cable (such as a laptop, PC etc.)?

What happens when you try to connect a different wireless device?

You may be experiencing an issue with your phone trying to deal with the Hub 5's wireless AX connection.

Edit: A problem with hub activation is also being discussed here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Hub-5-installed-but-is-not-connecting/td-...

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Exo45 

Looking through today's posts it appears that VM activations aren't currently working.

Hopefully the VM systems will kick in fully tomorrow and complete the activation, however if doesn't, then call the activation team on 0800 953 9500 to activate the hub

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Exo45,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you were experiencing this issue setting up your Hub, has this since started working for you as expected?

Joe