cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 wifi problem with Iphone?

Gary2701
On our wavelength

So I have moved to a Hub 5 from a hub 4 as the 4 had been replaced twice in less than a year.  I have a Hub 5 now which is pretty good as it gets the wifi signal all around the house which is pretty big.  Hub 4 could not cope.   I do have an issue though with my iphone 14.  The phone auto selects and the wifi bars show then all of a sudden the bars drop out and the wife shows as still connected.  When this happens I get no internet on the phone via the mobile service.  I get 5g in the house and it shows 5g.  I have to go to settings and switch the wifi off and then the phones 5g works well for the internet.   When I turn the wifi on again on the phone the wifi bars show then it drops again. So that now takes me back into that same loop..  The hub 4 was fine with wifi.  By the way is very strong on other items such as internet radio and lap top and TV.    Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

This read like the iPhone does not have a usable quality of Wi-Fi coverage in all parts of the house and is reverting to the 5G GSM mobile network whenever the Wi-Fi signal strength or quality falls off.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try going into Mobile Data on the iPhone, scroll down and turn off WIFI Assist.  This will force the iphone to stay connected to WIFI even if the signal is very low.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Gary2701, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the problem you've been having with your iPhone 😔

Have you tried following the advice provided by @Adduxi? If so, has that rectified the problem?

If not, please pop back to us at your earliest convenience and we'll do our very best to help.

Regards,
Daniel