cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 - unable to see wifi network on Laptop

Gibbo47
Joining in

Hi.I have installed a Hub 5 today, however I can't see the WiFi network to select from on my Laptop. 

Phones, tablets and Ipads are able to see the new network and connect, its just my laptop that doesn't display it.

Does anyone have any solutions as I am getting very frustrated with it now.

Thanks in advance.

• Amanda

4 REPLIES 4

carl_pearce
Community elder

Your laptop my run on the 2.4Ghz band, so may struggle to 'see' the combined 2.4 and 5Ghz SSID the HUB 5 broadcasts by default.

You can either:

• Split the 2.4 and 5Ghz bands into two SSIDs (Network names).
  • Disable 5Ghz, try the laptop, then re-enable.

Hi thanks for your reply. I disabled the 5ghz but still didn't work. Any other suggestions ?  Otherwise I'll have to connect it via ethernet cable which I know works.

carl_pearce
Community elder

What make and model of laptop?

Client62
Legend

Hub 5 Router mode - Wi-Fi 6 ( 802.11ax )

For some devices, the Hub 5 brings a compatibility problem by having Wi-Fi 6 ( 802.11ax ) on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

The symptoms for a device that is not working with Wi-Fi 6 are the device does not find the Hub 5 Wi-Fi signal.

Hub 5 does not permit “ax” mode to be disabled, a workaround is to use a dual band Wi-Fi Repeater or Wireless Access point that does not support Wi-Fi 6 ( 802.11ax ).

One model that has worked is the TP-LINK RE450 / AC1750, similar products from other brands may be suitable.

Or … buy a new USB Wi-Fi adaptor for your laptop that supports 2.4 & 5GHz.