cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 setup not connecting to internet

robinsoncrusoe
On our wavelength

I haven't yet been able to connect my hub 5 to the internet. I had issues trying to put in modem.mode and connect it to my home network (see earlier posts) but I have a handle on that now. In the end I rebooted the hub and, as expected, the light is on steady and is white but when I try to connect to the hub wi-fi I get a "no internet" message. I contacted virgin and was told, I think, that there was an issue with testing the kit (certainly running the self tests from my phone I get "sorry can't be done just now") and they would call me back in a couple of hours between 12 and 1. I never got a call so that's another day with no broadband. I've connected the hub to my laptop via ethernet and entered the hub IP address. The hub5 status indicates a problem and running the diagnostics I get "your home network has a few problems" and to check the hub temperature and the coax cnx ( both ok I think) and that gateway IPV4 address is not valid (don't know). Any suggestions of what to do next are most welcome but does all of this not indicate I need proper support from Virgin?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this a new install/quickstart?  If so check if the Hub is activated on your account - they had "activation issues " yesterday. 

Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you will need the Model numbers, serial numbers/MAC addresses off the barcode stickers of ALL pieces of kit and also your account number

If they say it is then try Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 and book a Tech install

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Legend

VM Hubs in Router mode offer a dual band Wi-Fi service & four network sockets for use by computers, TVs etc.

VM Hubs in Modem mode connect via a single network port as the uplink to an external Wi-Fi Router or Mesh system.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this a new install/quickstart?  If so check if the Hub is activated on your account - they had "activation issues " yesterday. 

Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you will need the Model numbers, serial numbers/MAC addresses off the barcode stickers of ALL pieces of kit and also your account number

If they say it is then try Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 and book a Tech install

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

robinsoncrusoe
On our wavelength

Thank you! Activation is what it was and I am very grateful for the advice.

Why was there no Information from VM about the Activation need and the phone number, and why had they not phoned me back almost 36 hours after promising they would call back in 2 hours?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call backs rarely happen.  Its usually just a ploy for an offshore CS rep to end the phone call and move on

--------------------
John
--------------------