Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 rebootin the last couple of days.

fizz
Superfast

The last couple of days I have been suffering from this -

01-02-2023 10:09:54criticalCable Modem Reboot due to RG crash
31-01-2023 11:54:24criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing;;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
31-01-2023 11:54:12criticalCable Modem Reboot due to RG crash
31-01-2023 09:37:17criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing;;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
31-01-2023 09:37:06criticalCable Modem Reboot due to RG crash

Any advice would be welcome

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Modem Mode
14 REPLIES 14

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi fizz, 

Our apologies for any delays in response. 

I have checked form our side and can see you have been talking with my colleague via PM since posting.

They will continue to pick this up with you from there. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi All 👋 Just returning to this public thread with an update!

Huge thanks to Fizz for PMing with me. 📨 I was able to identify some issues with their connection which required an engineer visit to further investigate. The engineer appointment went well, where they replaced some equipment (Equaliser on the router, cable to the splitter, and a join.)

They also advised if issues persist that a cable re-pull to replace the cabling entering the property may be needed. 

From our side today things look as though they have stabilised so hopefully any issues are now resolved, but please do get back in touch if you have further problems in future so we can pick this back up where we left off, and book a re-pull if needed. 

Thank you for your patience whilst we looked into this for you and offered support! Fingers crossed 🤞 the issues are sorted for good!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Just a note to all If you do have an attenuator equaliser or whatever on your hub 5 that you have carried over from a previous hub3 then it will potentially be making your hub5 behave strangely as it is apparently will interfere with higher frequencies the hub5 uses. Ideally these should be replaced when the hub 5 is installed but they don't ask or mention it with self install.. also some of the telewest age bits are also now redundant and need replacing with the new higher broadband speeds too!!!

well engineer came out Saturday to me with same issues. the attenuator equaliser was not changed and I can confirm I'm still seeing the reboots and RG crash. apparently I'm on a monitor. I will text the engineer back today.

@molly_t had an rg crash today at around 13:49