cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 no longer recognising switch

gregpalin
Tuning in

Hi

Got a Hub 5 a few weeks ago (upgraded from Hub 3) and I have a Netgear GS105 switch connected directly to the router.
All had been working fine, until I returned from holiday yesterday and the switch was no longer recognised. I've done some troubleshooting on the switch (working fine) and tried with another known working switch (a TP-Link TL-SG108S) and got the same. I know nothing has changed at my end (as no one has been here to change anything!), and connecting directly into a laptop's ethernet port works fine - it appears to be specific to the switches.

Additional info: I've done the reset that tends to be the default VM response, and WIFI is unaffected 

Thanks Greg

15 REPLIES 15

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Get a router with 1Gb ports use hub in modem mode

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @gregpalin 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you back. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue and thank you again for popping back, can I just confirm, are any other devices beside switches facing issue? Have you tried a full factory reset at all to reconnect?

To do this push a pen etc into the reset hole at the back of the Hub and hold in for 60 seconds, this will force a full factory reset so any changed Hub setting will revert to the originals but you can change this back after. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You tried connecting with a new Cat6a ethernet cable? - old ones do "fail".

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

The hub with its limitation allow you to connect a switch to hub and one source MAC for devices to switch

---------------------------------------------------------------

In router mode? Are you saying that Hub can't handle more than a single wired device?

The router is used for both wired and wireless connections 

As the original post says:

"Additional info: I've done the reset that tends to be the default VM response"

Everything has been tested. Other cables have been tried.

This is a brand new router that had been working fine with the switch for several weeks. This is a fault rather than a limitation.